2 C organic Whole Spelt flour (I used sprouted)
4 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 Tbs organic cinnamon
2 large, whole, organic bananas (sliced)
1 Tbs organic cane sugar or organic coconut sugar
(coconut sugar has a brown sugar flavor)
1 3/4 C organic non-dairy milk (I used oat)
1/2 C coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1) Mix all dry ingredients together.
2) In separate bowl, mix milk and oil.
3) Combine bowls except bananas. Stir with whisk until fully combined.
4) Gently fold in bananas after flour mixture has become batter.
***DO NOT OVER MIX***
5) Pour batter on waffle maker and cook 2-3 minutes on each side depending on maker.
6) Serve with Soy Free Earth Balance spread and organic grade "B" (Dark/Amber) Maple syrup.
Grade B is always darker in color. It is less refined and retains more if its nutritional value.
7) Bless your food and enjoy!
Yields: approx 32oz of batter. I made two batches (4 small waffles) and put the rest in the fridge for later (or freeze)
When pulling from freezer add a little water to thin out batter.
They will also take slightly longer to cook when batter is cold.
Banana Cinnamon Waffles